Howard University Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The Department of Dermatology selects from eligible applicants on the basis of their academic credentials, commitment to community service, communication skills, and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity.
The program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Only applications that are submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) will be accepted
- Applications should be submitted by October 1 of every year
- All applications submitted through ERAS will be reviewed
All aspects of the application will be considered – including, but not limited to:
- Performance in medical school
- Performance on USMLE examinations; a passing USMLE Step 1 score is required for application, USMLE Step 2 scores are preferred but not required at the time of your application
- Dean’s letter
- Personal statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Evidence of scholarship, eg. research, publications, curriculum design
- Evidence of community service / engagement; evidence of interest in caring for underserved populations
Candidates who have been selected for interviews will be notified by the program coordinator with details. Interviews will be conducted in January 2019.
Do not send application materials directly to us. All applications must be submitted through the ERAS system. For more information about our program, please direct your inquiries to: