Dates & Deadlines
August - January: Invitations to complete HUCM Secondary Application are sent by email to Verified Applicants.
September through April: Interviews are scheduled. HUCM interviews about 300 students per year. Invitations to interview are sent via email. Selected students will be invited approximately one-month prior to anticipated dates.
October 15: First day acceptance notifications are sent out.
- December 15 Deadline: (HUCM AMCAS Application Deadline) AMCAS Application.
- January 15 Deadline: Deadline for submitting HUCM secondary for applicants submitting AMCAS on or around December.
- February 19: (AMCAS "Plan to Enroll" Option Becomes Available for Accepted Applicants to Use)
Applications can begin to select "Plan to Enroll" for their top choice medical school using the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool. HUCM strongly encourages applicants who have been extended an offer, and/or holding multiple offers to utilize this tool as it will assist our committee with planning for matriculation.
March 15: Interim Email is sent to students who have not been invited to Interview.
Beginning in mid-March: Final emails will be sent to applicants who are not being considered for an interview.
April 15: HUCM strongly encourages applicants holding more than three offers of admission to narrow their offers of acceptance to three. As a professional courtesy, be sure to decline all other acceptances that are not in your top three choices. This will allow us to offer positions to other applicants who may be on our alternate list. Applicants can however continue to remain on other medical school’s alternate/waitlists.
April 30: (AMCAS “Commit to Enroll” Option Becomes Available for Accepted Applicants to Use) Applicants can select “Plan to Enroll” or “Commit to Enroll” in the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool. A “Commit to Enroll” with HUCM indicates that they have made their final selection to matriculate with HUCM and have declined all other offers of acceptance. Be sure to send an e-mail communication to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your enrollment status with HUCM. Applicants can however continue to remain on other medical school’s alternate/waitlists. (This is the Last Date that HUCM Accepted Students Should Hold Multiple Acceptances.)
- May 1-June 12: (AMCAS “Commit to Enroll” Option Is Enforced at HUCM) HUCM requires accepted applicants who have made their decision to select one school to “Commit to Enroll” in AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool. Be sure to send an e-mail communication to email@example.com confirming your enrollment status with HUCM. At least 30 days prior to HUCM’s orientation, applicants who have committed to enroll with us should decline all other acceptance offers and/or withdraw from other school’s alternate/waitlists.
- June 12: HUCM reserves the right to rescind offers to any student that has not communicated to us via e-mail their intentions of enrollment and reporting those intentions in AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool.
- Mid-July: Orientation begins.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early in the admissions' cycle.