Scholars depending on their career interest will have opportunities to participate in clinical rounds in the hospital clinics, medical departments, dental clinics, and pharmacy and community settings. Additional opportunities to shadow, to interact with the faculty and students from the Colleges of Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing will be available.
Academic enrichment in basic science courses i.e.; General Chemistry, Genetics, Organic Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy and Physiology (transcript and health professions track dependent). Additional courses for all health profession tracks include Healthcare Ethics and Disparities/Health Policy, Communications (Reading and Writing), Critical Thinking and a Mathematics Review.
- IPE Clinical Simulation Lab
- “Careers in Health Professions Seminar”
- Dr. William Montague Cobb Lab Research Group-Multidisciplinary Research www.cobbresearchlab.com
- National Institutes of Health Tour-NIH; http://www.nih.gov
- The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Tour-NIDCR, https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/
- Multiple state of the art simulation center and clinical shadowing opportunities relevant to Interprofessional Practice and Education (IPE) - team based health care delivery.
- HIPAA training and certification
- Recruitment by area professional schools and the U.S. Armed Forces (US Army Recruitment Center, US Airforce Recruiting Service) - Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine - http://www.usuhs.mil; www.goarmy.com ; www.airforce.com
- Attend dynamic, interactive and informative workshops and seminars
- Professional Mentorship: Faculty, Guest Speakers, Professional Students and Young Docs DC http://www.youngdoctorsdc.org/
- Network and connect-make friends for life
- Enjoy social events and fun activities
- Location: Howard University Colleges of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
- Start/End Dates: May 31st. July 10th, 2020