Program Specific Application Requirements
Application materials must include:
3 Letters of Recommendation
Minimum eligibility criteria for consideration by our program include:
1. Graduation from a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical school on the United States or Canada or World Health Organization approved medical school for International Medical Graduates (IMG).
2. Completion of medical school training outside the United States with completion of a Fifth Pathway Program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
3. No more than 2 attempts at any of the USMLE Examination Steps. All USMLE examinations must have been taken within the last five years.
4. Completion of all elements of ECFMG Certification with proof ( International Medical Graduates only). Current final year US Medical students are exempt from this requirement but must have passed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 prior to beginning residency.
5. Three month clinical experience with evaluation in the United States or Canada.
- Medical school graduation within 5 years
- Passing USMLE 1 & 2 on first attempt with a minimum passing score of 194.
- Demonstrated interest in Family Medicine
- Research experience
- Passing step 3 not required but preferred for US Graduates and International Medical Graduates who have already completed medical school.
- Community service
Application Deadline: Second Friday in December
We accept J1 visas sponsored by ECFMG.
Note: Please do not send any application materials directly to the Residency Program