Didactics are held on Thursdays. Conference topics include:
1) Program Director’s Conference – An avenue to discuss opportunities to improve and shape the program with resident feedback.
2) Perioperative Conference – Discussion of upcoming cases in Gynecology presented by residents
3) High-Risk Conference – Presented by Residents on Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Rotation
4) Radiology Conference – Interesting cases reviewed in detail with Radiology Attendings.
5) Morbidity and Mortality Conference – Discussion of cases from the Obstetrics and Gynecology services with emphasis on Resident education
6) Resident Lectures – Residents will provide lectures on a variety of topics in Obstetrics and Gynecology according to their interests but with an emphasis on preparation for the CREOG exam
7) Journal Club – Residents will present and discuss journal articles with faculty input and supervision
8) CREOG Review Series – Review Lectures for High Yield Topics for the CREOG exam, independent Study time or group Question Bank review
9) Simulation – Residents will utilize the State of the Art Howard University Hospital Simulation Center to practice Vaginal Delivery, Laceration Repair, Laparoscopy Skills
10) Research Series – The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has partnered with the Department of Surgery for an interactive series of lectures, presentations and independent research time to advance the Research output for the Obstetrics and Gynecology department.
11) Guest Lecture Series – Guest Lectures include speakers on topics such as Emergency Contraception, Uterine Artery Mobilization, Urogynecology and many other topics that cover Board Review, CREOG, ACGME, and current subjects that cover OB/GYN knowledge.