The Clinical Skills Center provides faculty development for faculty interested in integrating standardized patients simulation into their courses. If interested in attending a workshop, please contact Tamara Owens at 202/865-0063.
CSC Faculty Development Workshops
Evaluation and SOAP Notes, August 25 th. 2010 at GW Hospital
- Association of Standardize Patient Educators (ASPE)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSIH)
- METI Human Patient Simulation Network
- Harvard Center for Medical Simulation
- International Conference in Medical Education – ICME2010
- VA/VHA Simulation National Leadership Conference
Sept 14th - 16th, New Orleans, LA
- Neurocritical Care Society
Sept 15th - 17th, San Francisco, CA
- American College of Emergency Physicians/SimWars
Sept 28th - Oct 1st, Las Vegas, NV
- National League for Nursing Education Summit
Sept 29th - Oct 2nd, Las Vegas, NV
- North Carolina College of Emergency Physicians / SimWars
Nov 1st - 3rd, Asheville, NC
- Association of American Medical Colleges
Nov 5th - 10th, Washington, DC
- Radiological Society of North America
Nov 28th - Dec 3rd, Chicago, IL
- Network of Excellence in Simulation
Dec 2nd, Toronto, ON
- Interservice/Industry Training Simulation and Education Conference
Nov 29th - Dec 2nd, Orlando, FL
- WISER Symposium on Nursing Simulation
Dec 2nd - 3rd, Pittsburgh, PA
- Critical Points
December 3rd - 5th, Las Vegas, NV
- Institute for Healtcare Improvement
Dec 5th - 8th, Orlando, FL
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare — IMSH
Jan 23rd - 26th, New Orleans, LA
Faculty can subscribe to or join the following ListServe and Networking Groups.
HUCOM Faculty Development
For information on other faculty development opportunities, contact Amanda Johnson in HUCOM: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-340-4891.
Articles of Interest
Boulet JR, Van Zanten M, de Champlain A, Hawking RE, Peitzman SJ: Checklist Content on a Standardized Patient Assessment: An Ex Post Facto Review. Advances in Health Sciences Education, Vol.13 (2000): 59-69.
Gorter D, Rethans JJ, Scherpbier A, van der Heijde D, Houben H, van der Vleuten C, van der Linden S: Developing Case-specific Checklists for Standardized-patient-based Assessments in Internal Medicine: A Review of the Literature. Academic Medicine, Vol.75 (2000): 1130-1137.
Books of Interest, 1, 2